Friday, July 27, 2012

CONEY Coyote





I started working on this play several years ago.  (The indispensable Adam Szymkowicz did an interview with me three years ago, and I was talking about this play then.) I worked on it at Marshall University two summers ago and developed it a bit more.  And the guys at Blue Coyote and I had talked and talked on it, and I dragged my feet and whined "it's not ready" whenever they said the scary "production" word.  (That's my default. Nothing's ever ready.)

But they booked a theater for October and here we go.  Rewrites will be wrestled from my cold, recalcitrant grip and actors will have at it.  There are a shitload of characters and it all takes place at Coney Island.  (Except for the emergency room scene, I'm still working on that one.)

We're raising money for the production, and you can give at Indiegogo.   I know, I'm hitting you up for money a lot these days.  But I don't do it often, so I'm not going to apologize.

Hope to see you there.

UPDATE!  The press release went out.  You can give it a gander at Broadway World.  


No comments: