Friday, May 22, 2009

My State Senator Answers His Own Emails.

I'm not kidding.
*****************
From: Eric Schneiderman
Subject: RE: Marriage Equality
Date: Friday, May 22, 2009 11:18:44 AM

Dear David,

Thank you so much for your note. I will do everything I can to make sure that marriage equality happens this year.

Keep fighting the good fight. It is only with the energy and commitment of people like you that we can achieve equality.

Best,

Eric T. Schneiderman

From: David Johnston
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:38 PM
To: Eric Schneiderman
Subject: Marriage Equality

Dear State Senator Schneiderman,

Thanks very much for your support of Marriage Equality in New York state, indeed all of your strong support for LGBT rights. I'm one of your constituents and I'm happy you're my Senator.

David Johnston

*************************

The others NEVER write back as themselves. It's always a form letter. Of course, I'm usually bitching about something too. This is one of the few nice communications I've sent to my elected officials.

No comments: